How To Get Your Feet Ready For Summer
Summer is finally here and your holiday may also be fast approaching, so it’s time to get these feet looking ready for the beach without shelling out unnecessary amounts of money on beauty salons. Here at Mozimo we have put together a few tips and tricks that will help you achieve the perfect at home pedicure as well as aiding with the hardest part, what colour nail varnish to choose!
- Exfoliate – take a salt scrub, (DIY or pre-made) and concentrate on any hard, rough skin
- Soak – soften skin and nails with a foot bath of lukewarm water
- Clean – remove any dirt from under your nails with an orange stick
- Moisturise – lather those feet with your favourite moisturiser, sit back and let it sink in
- Trim & Shape – clip any nails, making sure you cut them straight across and not into any corners of the nail
- Extras – push back any cuticles whilst the skin is still supple, this will help elongate the nail bed
- Polish – get creative, however we advise you always use a base coat to prevent yellowing and a top coat to help your polish last longer
The fun part has to be picking the polish, but what colours will enhance that tan this season?
SUMMER CRUSH – CORAL
A colour seen a lot during the summer has to be coral, and this season they are as vibrant as ever. Here at Mozimo this has to be a personal favourite of ours as it always looks so playful and beach ready with a tan! If you’re a fan of the coral trend but like to keep yours a little more subtle opt for something a little more pastel and muted, possibly with a pinker undertone.
NEW NEUTRALS – NUDE
Sheer elegance, neutral shades are extremely on trend at the moment. If you can’t leave your nails bare then this is the option for you. Choose from mauve hues to sheer pastel pinks, the options are endless, whilst neutrals compliment every skin tone – just perfect the trend by finding the shade for you.
POOL SIDE VIBES – BLUE
Think cobalt, sky and powder, blue is the perfect colour for those lazing round the pool or tanning on the beach. Vivid tones will make for a bold, statement pedicure whilst muted pastels will enhance all skin tones. Why not play around with nail art and accessories if you’re going for that all out ‘wow’ factor finish.
BOLD BLANC – WHITE
All white everything! Show off that tan with all things white and what better way than with a white pedicure. If you’re a little hesitant to embrace this trend then why not opt for light shades of grey and play around with tones. Step up your pedicure game and add a sparkling splash of glitter or accessorise with gems and nail art!
SIZZLING SPARKLES – METALLICS
Metallic shades of gold and silver and glitter in every colour, can you go wrong? Here at Mozimo we love any opportunity that allows us to use our metallic and glitter polishes, so embrace your holiday and step out of your comfort zone. Whether you layer it over your favourite colour or wear it alone, you’re sure to be holiday ready.
Hopefully our top tips will ensure your feet are summer ready, with this in mind why not take a look at our selection of women’s sandals online at Mozimo and show off that brand new pedicure in style!